I’m a California dog who is just not quite used to many rainy days in a row – this week provided us with some welcome rain but made life a little more difficult for this golf dog. It forced me to take extreme measures to get in some play and practice.
Here are a few tips to help keep your game rolling in the rain:
- Towels – This golf dog loves his towels at home but I quickly realized that you can never have too many towels on hand during your round. They’ll keep things dry and you can also wipe down your grips after each shot.
- Gear – Layers! Be sure to layer up and wear a waterproof jacket and pants. Don’t forget a good hat. Consider investing in rain gloves.
- Bag Cover – Make sure to cover bag to keep those clubs dry.
- Keep Your Golf Ball Dry – While this is not always easy, it is important to do so especially when putting. Use a ball marker and place the ball only when ready to putt.
- Grip Down on the Club – An extra 1/4 to 1/2 inch will make a huge difference!
And don’t forget your umbrella or you’ll look a lot like me in this photo! Stay dry and don’t let the rain get you down!